Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What's in the Bags


I. HATE. PACKING.  Packing is my absolute least favorite part of traveling.  I am a chronic over-packer and always bring clothes I never wear.  I was not looking forward to having to pack for 10 months abroad. I found out though, at least personally, packing for long term travel was easier! There's no need to decide on only 2-3 dresses… you bring them all and it's justified because of the length of travel!!  

People have asked what all I was bringing and what kind of luggage I had decided to take.  I'll break it down with what exactly is in each bag.

Green Bag: 70L Pack, 33 pounds (checking bag)
  • beach towel
  • shirts (8 v-neck/crew neck, 2 tank tops, 1 chambray, 1 long sleeve)
  • large cross body purse
  • small sling-back backpack
  • pants (1 soft pant, 1 jogger pant)
  • dresses (2 maxi, 6 short)
  • bras (5)
  • underwear (20)
  • jewelry roll up
  • baseball hat
  • shorts (7 pairs)
  • shampoo
  • conditioner
  • body wash
  • face wash
  • toothpaste (2 tubes, I'm picky about toothpaste)
Purple Bag: 48L Pack, 23 pounds (checking bag)
  • shoes (Birkenstock sandals, Toms, Nikes, Chacos)
  • sport bras (3)
  • running shorts (2, I had more packed originally but they were cut first when I started to run out of room)
  • t-shirts (7)
  • swimsuits (2 one-pieces, 5 tops, 2 bottoms)
  • scarves (2, plan to but more over there! My mom is happy I'm leaving most of mine home so she can borrow them)
  • toiletries case (contacts, prescriptions, deodorant (2), body spray)
  • cardigans (9, My shoulders have to be covered for teaching along with some restaurants and temples.)
  • razors (2 packs)
  • bath towel (1, originally had 2 but needed room for more clothes instead)
Orange Bag: 28L Pack, 11 pounds (carry on)
  • changes of clothes (1 dress, 1 pair of shorts, 1 shirt)
  • boat shoes
  • travel size liquids
  • snack bag (2 boxes of granola bars and peanut butter crackers)
  • power cords for everything
  • iPad and keyboard
  • travel wallet 
  • medicine bag
  • makeup bag
  • glasses
  • sunglasses (2 pair - 1 nice, 1 cheap)
  • camera and additional lens
  • portable charger
  • clipboard/folder/notepad 
  • neck pillow
  • travel blanket
  • reusable water bottle
There was about a laundry basket full of clothes that I originally wanted to pack but didn't make the final cut when I had to start cutting back to get everything to fit.  It only took 3 times of packing, unpacking, and repacking for me to be satisfied with what all was packed and how it was all packed!  

I leave from Buffalo airport tomorrow morning at 10:00am! Thanks for all the support, prayers, and well wishes! My goal is to blog around once a week when I'm abroad. Thanks for taking the time to read my posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment